Elmont Personal Injury Lawyer
While accidental injuries are rare compared to the risks that previous generations in the early 20th century had of serious injury, millions of Americans still end up being seriously injured in car crashes, defective surgeries, and pedestrian collisions every year. While no amount of money can truly heal the emotional, and sometimes physical, trauma that you have been through, a personal injury lawsuit can help you and your family avoid the financial pitfalls that a debilitating injury can cause. By filing a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover your medical expense, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by the negligent party. Our Elmont personal injury lawyers here at Giuffre Law Offices, P.C. can help you get started at once.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents We Handle
- Traffic Collisions—Around 40,000 Americans lose their lives annually in traffic collisions, while hundreds of thousands suffer life-threatening and/or debilitating injuries. Traffic collisions include auto accidents, bicyclist injuries, pedestrian injuries, crashes caused by drunk drivers, motorcycle crashes, collisions with large trucks, and more.
- Construction Accidents—Construction workers are at a particularly serious risk of injury due to the inherently dangerous nature of their work. Everything from a broken finger to a spinal cord injury should be paid for under workers’ compensation. In some cases where the employer or a third part exhibited recklessness, the victim may also be able to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Dog Bites—The dog’s owner is responsible for any injuries caused by their dog. However, under New York Code Article 7, a dog owner is liable for any medical bills caused by the dog attack, but are only liable for additional damages (such as lost wages and pain and suffering) if they had knowledge that their dog was dangerous, or they should have had knowledge of their dog’s viciousness.
- Medical Malpractice—Medical malpractice is more common than you think. In fact, medical malpractice may, in fact, be the third leading cause of death in America, according to CNBC. The doctor or hospital that caused your injury or illness should be held accountable.
- Defective Products—Manufacturers are and distributors are obligated to sell consumer products that work as advertised. If an injury is caused by a defective product, the injured victim has a right to file a product liability claim against the appropriate party.
Proving Liability in an Elmont Personal Injury Claim
In order to establish liability, you need to prove that 1) you were injured, and 2) your injuries were caused by the other party. We use official police reports, eye witness statements, crash scene reconstruction experts in traffic collisions, and other professionals to establish the cause, and therefore fault, when necessary.
Reach Out to Our Experienced Elmont Personal Injury Lawyers
If another party’s negligent actions caused you to become injured, they should be held responsible for your damages. This includes medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages, and more. To get started on a claim today, call our experienced Elmont personal injury attorneys at Giuffre Law Offices, P.C. at 516-802-9912 to schedule a free consultation.