Giuffré Law Offices, P.C. represents clients throughout Long Island and the five boroughs of New York City. Our areas of practice are primarily personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, auto and truck accidents, dog bites and slip/trip and fall accidents.
Our Areas of Practice
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury. Even though many auto accidents are minor fender-benders, they nonetheless result in a shocking number of severe injuries and even death. In addition to disability, victims often experience substantial pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages, medical expenses and property damage, all of which can be recoverable through financial compensation. Sadly, many car accident victims never receive the full amount of compensation to which they are entitled. Many car accident victims, unaware of the full value of their claims, accept the first offer from the insurance company.
Construction sites pose many dangers to workers and innocent bystanders alike. Construction workers are subject to a high level of risk as they are often involved in potentially dangerous tasks such as lifting heavy objects, operating large machinery, and performing job duties at elevated heights. Still, proper protocol and safety practices can decrease a worker or bystander’s risk of injury. When someone causes a preventable construction accident through negligence, he or she may be liable for the victim's injuries.
Every year, millions of Americans are bitten by dogs. Dog bite claims fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, where the injured party has the legal right to seek compensation for injuries caused by another. If you are involved in a dog bite incident it is important to first establish if medical treatment is necessary. Gaining pertinent information about the dog, its owner, and any witnesses is also crucial. You should also report the incident to local police or animal control authorities. Dog bite law varies by place and circumstance and include a limitation on the time you have ...
It is not unusual for injuries to occur when undergoing medical treatment. However, when an injury results from medical treatment that deviates from accepted standards of practice, a medical malpractice lawsuit may be the only way for the patient to recover compensation. If you have suffered serious injury at the hands of negligent doctors, hospitals or other medical professionals, you may be entitled to considerable compensation for your pain and suffering as well as future and past lost wages and medical bills. In rare cases of wanton and reckless conduct, punitive damages can also be attained for the victim.
Personal injury law is an area of law that is designed to help victims of accidents. Accidents come in many forms, and millions of Americans are injured accidentally every year. Sometimes, an accident is just that – unintentional. But in many cases, the accidents are caused by the carelessness of another person. In these situations, the victim has a right to be compensated for the injuries that were caused to them by another person’s negligence.
All property owners, residential and commercial, have the duty to use reasonalbe care to provide safe environments for all visitors. If you have been harmed by a hazardous condition on another’s property including a sidewalk, personal residence, restaurant, mall, hotel, office building school, park, theater, or museum, you may be eligible to file a premises liability claim and receive compensation for your injury.
Accidents involving large trucks and tractor trailers are one of the major causes of traffic related deaths in the US. A typical large commercial truck can weigh as much as 30 times that of a passenger automobile. Due to this size disparity any collision between a truck and a passenger vehicle is likely to result in disastrous consequences. Therefore, trucks are subject to special traffic laws and regulations to minimize risk posed to the public. We know how to expose violations of regulations related to truckers in order to help victims prevail in their case.
Few things in life are more painful than the death of a loved one. It is a tragic fact that many deaths occur as a result of negligence. Nothing can bring the person you love back, but a wrongful death lawsuit can hold the wrongdoer accountable for causing the death of your loved one. A wrongful death action arises when a person is killed as the result of negligence, product liability, or malice on the part of another person. Negligence might occur in a situation like an automobile or airplane accident, an accident at a workplace, or medical malpractice. The ...
- New York businessman settles for $1.7 million during trial – medication induced organ damage
- Doctor cooks the books – $1.1 million malpractice settlement before jury selection for Nassau County man with undiagnosed kidney disease
- $950,000.00 for Long Island construction worker injured in car accident
- $625K settlement after verdict for Brooklyn Hairdresser who slipped and fell in Kings Plaza Mall
- Garden City teen awarded $550,000 as passenger in car accident
- $475,000.00 for rear-end collision from a tractor-trailer.
- We obtained a $475k settlement for Brooklyn construction worker injured on job site
- $475,000 for Floral Park secretary bitten by a dog
From The Blog
- Giuffré Law Offices’ business continuity plan in response to COVID-19 In accordance with the Governor’s recent executive orders, Giuffré ...
- Altering Medical Records to Avoid a New York Medical Malpractice Claim: It Can Happen to You It may seem like a dream. Last year, you remember ...
- Garden City Police Department Regardless of what the law requires, the Garden City Police ...
- Crimes Nearby: Olympian Runs into Law Crimes and arrests near Garden City this week.
- A Word From Mayor John Watras West resident says he welcomes the honor and challenge of ...
- Welcome to our new website We hope you like our new website. Please contact us ...