Valley Stream Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Although riding a motorcycle has a lot of benefits, allowing riders to more easily weave in and out of traffic, it also comes with some very real risks. Even those who have experience riding motorcycles and do so with skill, for instance, could end up the victims of another motorist’s negligent or reckless driving. Being smaller, motorcycles are less visible to drivers, but also offer far less protection than passenger sized vehicles. Unfortunately, this means that motorcycle riders are far more vulnerable to injury in the event of a collision than other motorists. Because the injuries sustained in motorcycle collisions are almost always serious, at least for the motorcyclist, those who are involved in these types of crashes should consider reaching out to an experienced Valley Stream motorcycle accident lawyer for help when attempting to recover compensation from the at-fault driver who caused the crash.
Motorcycle Accident Causes
Motorcycle collisions can occur in a variety of situations, but most involve:
- Head-on collisions, in which a motorist makes a left hand turn and collides with a motorcyclist who is either passing on the left or is driving through the intersection in the opposite direction;
- Lane change collisions, where a driver changes lanes without seeing the motorcycle in its blind spot, resulting in a side-impact crash and potentially devastating injuries for the rider;
- Rear-end collisions, where a driver, who is distracted or otherwise not paying attention, collides with the rear of the motorcycle, often throwing the rider off of the motorcycle entirely;
- A driver cutting off a motorcyclist, who is forced off of the road or into another vehicle; or
- Losing control of a motorcycle due to a road defect, like a pothole, cracked asphalt, or uneven road surfaces.
Who can be held liable for a motorcycle accident depends in large part on what type of collision the parties were involved in, as well as who was primarily at fault for the crash. For help evaluating the strength of your own motorcycle accident claim, please reach out to our Valley Stream legal team today.
The injuries sustained by motorcycle riders are often severe, including everything from facial fractures and road rash to amputations and organ damage, all of which are expensive and painful to treat. Unfortunately, unlike other motorists, and even pedestrians and cyclists, motorcycle riders are not covered by no-fault auto insurance, which usually covers at least up to $50,000 of a victim’s medical expenses and lost wages. Because insurance coverage is not required under New York law, motorcycle accident victims are often limited to filing a lawsuit against an at-fault driver in order to recover any amount of compensation. This in turn, means that the motorcyclist will need to prove that the defendant was careless and that his or her negligence actually led to the accident.
Experienced Valley Stream Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Establishing that someone else’s negligence caused an accident can be difficult, especially for motorcycle riders, who are often struggling with severe injuries. For help with your own claim, please call 516-802-9912 and set up a meeting with the dedicated Valley Stream motorcycle accident attorneys at Giuffre Law Offices, P.C. today.